Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Final Day

So this post is a little late. But here is the fun we had the final day the Wells were here. The highlight of the day was the fact that Ken got the day off. Hip hooray!!! He was actually suppose to work but things just worked out.

We started out the day by going to a holiday parade in Bowling Green (about 25 min drive from Toledo). It was a little cold but the kids enjoyed it...especially all of the candy they got (just what we need more candy!).
The spot we choose to stand was good/bad. It was were the parade stopped to perform (there was a TV crew recording nearby) so we got to see all the dancers and stuff. Well, it also meant that this is where they had a firing squad and then the cannon. picture below, shot off. It was very loud (my ears were ringing afterwards). The kids didn't appreciate the loud noise that much.
The kids were getting pretty cold and the parade looked like it was still going to be quite awhile so we decided to take off. Jordan and Mimi both crashed on the way home. They of course woke up when we got home but I'm glad they at least got that much of a nap (more than I can say for the other days).


Some other fun things we did was paint our toe nails.
They also color, cut and painted. The kids found some paint brushes and were dying to paint. I told them we were out of paint but they decided that water would suffice. Hey that works for me, a lot less messier.

So I was really impressed with how well all of the kids did. I really thought that by Saturday they would be so sick of each other that it would be total chaos. Although, we definitely had our moments the kids all really seemed to enjoy being together. As proof here are Mimi and Jordan playing that night (yes that is the fabulous $1 toy). Even though they had spent the last 4 days together my girls were still SO excited to see Olivia and Mimi on Sunday, I guess that is a testament that things went pretty well.

1 comment:

Emilee said...

Thank you again! And my girls kept talking about a parade with Kailyn, so I was trying to figure it out. There's the answer to the mystery.