Thursday, November 15, 2007

And the fun goes on

We had a very busy day today. We started out the day by going to walking group. Figured if I push two strollers I could get twice as strong twice as fast. Just kidding! Keriann very graciously pushed one of the strollers for me. (Thank you)
After that we went to the the Toledo Museum of Art. They have this really cool area called the Family Center that is free Tuesday and Thursday. It is a great place. They have painting, a craft (that changes every week), and a room filled with toys to play with. Everyone wanted to paint so we started there. Caden of course wanted to be like everyone else. Here are the masterpieces that were created.

Mimi
Olivia
Kailyn
Jordan
Caden

They also all had fun making beaded necklaces.
They had a lot of fun playing in the make believe room. Here they are having a picnic.

There is also a fun little stage where you can put on a puppet show. They have a bunch of puppets behind the stage where Jordan is standing.
Here are Kailyn and Olivia playing. They would drop a marble in and watch it fall down.
After all of the fun, it was time to recharge. Here they are eating lunch. Luckily, they had some tables next to the Family Center where we ate, it was a little too cold to eat outside.

After the Family Center we went home and had quiet time (ha! ha!). Then I took the girls to gymnastics, home for dinner, baths, and bed.

The girls have done way better then I expected. Kailyn and Olivia just love each other. Today Olivia asked for some paper so she could draw a picture. She then drew a picture for Kailyn of Kailyn's Grandma and Grandpa. Of course we have had a few meltdowns and crying, but is it really a day without it? Mimi has adopted one of our little plastic dolls as her own and does not want anyone to touch or look at it. Olivia loves Caden and is constantly giving him toys and kisses. It is so sweet.

They went to bed without a problem tonight. I think they were pretty tired. So, the girls seem to be having a lot of fun. I hope you are having as much fun Emilee and John.

PS As you can guess I have gotten quite a few stares and comments. "Looks like you need a few more (kids)" "Are they are all yours?" "I hope they're not all yours."

PPS Emilee I remember you mentioning that your kids didn't like tomatoes. At least I thought it was both of them. Well, tonight I had tomatoes on the side as part of our dinner, knowing that a lot of the kids didn't like them (Kailyn doesn't like them either). Well, Mimi was eating them by the handful. It was so funny. Guess I just have better tomatoes.

7 comments:

Keriann said...

Shelly, you are amazing. I don't know that I could do it. Two hours in nursrey is enough for me. It was no problem pushing the second stroller. I'm just glad I was there, though it would have been fun to see you push both. Now I know who is a great babysitter, if the time every come that I need one.

dockters said...

Shelly...it looks like you guys are having fun! Keriann is right...you are amazing!!

Kent and Leisy said...

I am so impressed that you are out and about everywhere! I may have just put on a disney movie marathon for all of the kids! :)

S&J Jones Family said...

Looks like a ton of fun!

Emilee said...

You must have fantastic tomatoes! How funny. And Olivia does love kabobs. We usually just call them chicken sticks (no matter what the meat). My kids are never going to want to come back with me since you are making it so much fun. Thank you, thank you, a million times, thank you!

Lyndsay said...

I see some budding talent in the making. If Liv/Mimi become famous artists they better credit you as their inspiration.

dtravelbug said...

Amazing is right! I laughed so hard about your reading into the stares of passers-by.