Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Oh Jordan

So whenever Jordan colors she just takes the crayons and scrabbles all over the page...until a couple of days ago that is. The other day she shows me a picture she drew and starts to casually explain the person she has drawn while I sat there with my my mouth on the floor. I was amazed because up to this point she had never drawn anything, not even a circle. Here is a picture of her person.

A couple of days ago Jordan came to me while I was fixing dinner and says "Here mommy here is a diaper for Caden. It was on the stairs." Seeing Jordan holding a (clean) diaper Caden promptly lays on the floor to get his diaper changed. Jordan sees this and says, "Oh, Caden are you poopy?" She 'checks' him and affirms that he is and quickly leaves the room. Next thing I know she has returned with wipes and starts to change Caden. I at this point am laughing cause 1) I can't believe Jordan would want to change Caden's stinky diaper and 2) that Caden would lay down and allow Jordan to change him (there are times when Jordan can't even look at him without him throwing a fit). Well, Jordan finds out that his diaper is not stinky (thank goodness, I can't imagine the mess that would have produced if she tried to clean that up) but continues to change it anyways. She then spends the next 5 minutes wiping Caden. Caden continues to lay there patiently in fact he even starts laughing. So I'm thinking that this might not be to bad of a deal. I would be perfectly happy if someone wants to take over diaper changing duty.



7 comments:

bryony said...

That's so cute -- both those things. And that's an amazing drawing! Looks like you've got a short, helpful little artist living with you!

BensonFam said...

That's so funny! What a little mother!

Lynn said...

Kids do the darndest things! It's amazing you actually caught it on camera. I love both their expressions, Jordan so studious and Caden just happy to be free!
MomBa

Lynn said...

Tell Jordan Grandma B loves her picture!

Cynthia said...

Jordan is so cute! So glad that Caden cooperated with the diaper change so she could enjoy her motherly moment. Just think in a few years (like 8) we will have live in babysitters!!

The Bassetts said...

I got a kick out of the diaper pictures and story. It is amazing that Caden just laid there and let her change him...If only Alan was so cooperative about having his diaper changed.

Emilee said...

I'm impressed. Good for Jordan. And for Caden to laugh? She must be quite the diaper changer.