Sunday, February 17, 2008

Husband Tag

Ok, I hesitated doing this cause I know how much Ken is going to love this little post but I've been "tagged" so I have to do it..right? (Sorry this is the only recent picture I can find of him)

Husband Tag...

What is his name? Kenneth Wayne Bassett
How long have you been together? We have been together for about 9 years (if you count dating)
How long did you date? about 8 months (counting engagement)
How old is he? He is almost 30. Wow! I can't believe it. At least he finally has a job. Pretty sad, almost 30 and finally he is a real adult.
Who eats more? He does. It amazes me how much he can eat when he wants. Although, I can hold my own pretty well. It was actually something he liked about me when we first met. I had quite the appetite.
Who said I love you first? He did. It took me a little bit (okay, forever, if you ask Ken). I knew I really liked him but I didn't want to get serious and I wanted to save 'I love you' for real love.
Who's Taller? He is and I love it! It is something that I find so attractive about him. I can wear any size heal I want. I have always loved tall guys.
Who can sing better? Definitely him.
Who is smarter? Lets just say, other than History class, I always got better grades than him. Although, he definitely has an unfair advantage when it comes to anything medical.
Who does the laundry? Me. Although he will often help me fold if he is around. He has also started washing some of his own clothes lately. I think it has come out of necessity though. His work clothes get washed seperately (I really don't want all that blood and germs touching the rest of our clothes) and sometimes I don't get to them quick enough.
Who pays the bills? Me. He rarely knows what day of the week it is.
Who sleeps on the right side? Me (if you're standing facing the bed) . Before kids we used to switch all the time. Now I sleep closest to the door so can help kids during night (yeah for me).
Who mows the lawn? Me. I actually like mowing the lawn--crazy, I know.
Who cooks dinner? Me (I thought this was a husband tag). He does cook every once in awhile which I love, love, love (because he IS such an AWESOME cook).
Who drives? We trade, although I have been driving more lately. Not really sure why. Maybe because we normally take the van and it is all set up for me.
Who is more stubborn? Honestly, never really thought about it. I think that we take turns on this one.
Who kissed who first? He kissed me.
Who asked who out first? He asked me. He was so head over heels for me. This actually drew me too him. It is amazing having someone that admires and adores you more than anything.
Who proposed? He did. It wasn't what he really had in mind but it was still so perfect.
Who has more friends? Let's just say it is kind of hard to make a lot of friends when you are working 80 hours a week.
Who is more sensitive? Me, but that is not saying much. Ken is not going to be winning any awards anytime soon for his ability to show his emotions.
Who has more siblings? Tied. We are both the 2nd oldest in families with 6 kids.
Who wears the pants? me (okay, he says he'll let me keep thinking that).

1 comment:

Lynn said...

Yup! You're both super smart, and you seem to complement each other very well. Love you both,
MomBa