Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Book Club


Tonight we had book club. We read the book "Not Without My Daughter." It is a true story about a mother who is trapped in Tehran (by her husband) and is trying to escape. I would definitely recommend this book to anyone. It is very fascinating and frustrating and repulsive to read about the cultural differences between there and the US.

I love book club! I just love getting together with 'the girls.' I could do it every night. We were actually having a pretty good dicussion about the book tonight. I was incredibly sad I had to leave early. I had to get home so Ken could go to work (working a 10pm to 8am shift). I was glad I at least got to go for a little bit. I have had to miss a lot of things lately because of Ken's crazy work schedule.

5 comments:

Kent and Leisy said...

I'm glad you could come for part of the evening at least. and I also LOVED this book. I think I've read it at least five times!

Cynthia said...

Glad that you could make it for a little bit. I love book club too!

Anonymous said...

I completely understand your husband's schedule. It seems like it is either feast or famine but usually the later!

dockters said...

It was fun to have you there...even for just a little bit, Shelly! Hopefully you'll be able to make it for the WHOLE time next month!

Lynn said...

Glad you're reading. It's a good habit to pass on to your children.

Also, I love your new blog look. It looks so "Pro."
MomBa