Sunday, January 25, 2009

Chase Dean Bassett

Yup, he now has a name. I wanted to name him Jason. Shelly wanted to name him Tyler (Shelly didn't want anyone to think we had established a pattern, ie, alternating "K" and "J" sounds. She also wanted to get away from the "n" sound at the end of all the names). Anyway, in the end, Shelly made the final decision and I agreed. Enter, "Chase." "Dean" is after my grandpa Walker, a great man we're proud to name our child after. "Bassett," well, it just seemed right to have the same last name as the rest of us.

As with most newborns, Chase has been pretty tired and sleeping a lot. When he does wake up, he likes to look around. He doesn't like the undressing or diaper changes, and his cry is very high-pitched, kind of funny sounding. He is definitely getting more umph behind his cries, too.

Anyway, the kids have mixed feelings about their new little brother. Kailyn adores Chase and would hold him all day if she could. She's excited to read to him and play the piano for him. Jordan, she seems to tolerate Chase. She likes to hold him for a few minutes at a time, but not much longer. Caden. He's not sure what to think. He's been pretty cranky (he's also been sleep-deprived). I suspect he's going to miss the attention of being the youngest. Following are some cute pictures from the past 2 days.


Chase's trip home, first trip in the carseat.


Our best pacifier baby yet. Here he's holding it in.





The motherly Kailyn




15 comments:

Lisa said...

Congrats! I love the name Ryan!! Looks like you are doing well. Can't wait to meet the little guy! p.s. I can't believe how small you looked. What I would give :) We are so happy for you!

BensonFam said...

I love when they're so tiny and the binky just covers their whole face - what a cutie he is. And I love those last pictures of all of the kids together. That's quite a crew you guys have!!!

The Bassetts said...

What a cute little guy!!! Congratulations!!!!!! Glad he's here finally. Wish we lived closer so that we could see you all.
Carissa

Silly Bassetts said...

WOW! What a sweet little boy. Congrats. I love the picture in the last blog where he only has a diaper on he looks so alert. I also love the two of him holding his binky. I cant get over how grown up the other three look. Kailyn really looks diffrent in the ones where she is holding Ryan. Well I the adjustment contunes to go well.
Love Kristie

David Kenison said...

Very sweet! Make sure to update that "About me" paragraph in the upper right of your blog, that talks about your three kids...

Great Uncle Dave

Judy said...

What a beautiful family. Suddenly, the first three kids look so much older! Congratulations!

brittani c. said...

Congrats! He is sooo tiny! I'm so glad to hear that everything went well and that he is a healthy boy. I can't believe the abrupt induction...that would freak me out.

Angie said...

You have a beautiful family. Hope things are going well now that you are home!

Joe and Dawn said...

Congratulations you guys!! He looks like a Bassett! Can't wait to see more pics.

Emilee said...

He is so cute! And you look amazing, Shelly. No one would believe you just had a baby.

Kirsten.Kyle said...

Congratulations!

Liora said...

CONGRATS!! He is beautiful! I am glad everything ended up being ok!

Laighton and Katie said...

Congrats! He is so cute! You look great!!

Kent and Leisy said...

wow! you already have your little rugrat! I hope things are going well and hooray that he is so healthy! I still can't believe you were so composed that day you had to go in.

Mike and Kelly said...

We are so excited for you guys. Congrats, and good luck. Let us know what it is like with 4... Somehow you have braved that before we have.