Friday, June 5, 2009

Weilands

There are many great families in our ward and one I would mention today is the Weiland family. Karinda is my secretary in Primary, and she is amazing! I truly don't know what I would do without her. Anyway, they watched our kids a couple weekends ago so that Ken and I could go to the residency graduation. In turn, we offered to watch their kids while they went out for their anniversary. Unfortunately, at the last minute Ken got jeopardized--meaning he was the "on-call" backup in case someone couldn't make it to work. It seems that whenever he is on jeopardy, it's not a question of IF he will be going in, but WHICH schedule will he be covering. Anyway, when he was called in to work that day, I thought about canceling but didn't know when we could watch their kids if I didn't do it that night. Ken doesn't have a day off for a long time. So I sucked it up and took them all on (our 4 plus their 5, 2 under the age of 1). Thank goodness they were all really good and the evening didn't turn out too bad. The kids played, we made pretzels, and then we went outside and played. I carried Chase in the Moby wrap the whole time, so he was content.



Caden, "Baboo," Kailyn, Lilian, Gwendolyn, Silas, Josiah (standing behind), Jordan
While we were outside the kids found this little bird. Poor guy couldn't fly and the mom and dad were nowhere to be seen. The kids tried to give it some bread to eat, but the little guy didn't know what to do with it. Unfortunately, the bird didn't make it through the night.

No comments: