Sunday, February 15, 2009

Sleep???

Why can't I ever be blessed with a baby that sleeps well. I am just doomed. Here is my night last night.

10:30pm Feed Chase
11-11:30pm Get a few things done and get ready for bed (make sure Chase is really going to stay sleep)
11:30pm head hits pillow
1:00 am Feed Chase
1:15 am Ken wakes me up coughing and leaving the room (I think the lasagna he had last night gave him some nasty heartburn and he aspirated a little).
????am Feed Chase and change his diaper
2:30 am Ken returns to bed
???? am Feed Chase
3:00am Feed Chase (wake a bit more from my dazed state and realize this is the 4th time I have fed him and it is only 3)
3:30 am Chase screaming--diaper recently changed, recently fed, bundled up, WHY ARE YOU AWAKE AND CRYING? Caden comes into the room and wants to sleep in my bed and starts screaming when I tell him he can't. I take Caden back to bed, Ken takes Chase downstairs.
3:45am Caden is crying in his room. I go in to see what is wrong. I never find out, but he is calmed by a drink of water.
3:55am Caden is crying again. He says he needs a kleenex to wipe his tears. I give him another drink and then go in the bathroom and clean up my nasty toe (it is infected..no idea how it got that way) and wait to make sure Caden isn't going to wake up.
4:05am Caden wakes up again!! I lay in bed and wonder what is wrong with that kid. I hope he will just go back to sleep on his own...knowing there is no way this will happen. Ken ends up coming up and taking care of him.
6:30am Ken brings Chase in and I feed him.
7:00am The other three munchkins wake up and I wish I had a snooze button (only instead of another 5 minutes it would give me another hour)
7:10am I hear Grandma Bassett talking to kids. Good, maybe I can get a little more sleep.
7:15am Someone is crying.
7:30am I hear the kids fighting
7:45 Jordan is crying and Kailyn is saying "I'm sorry."
8:00am The kids are in Grandma's room and I can tell Grandma is not with them. I give up and get up for the day.

8 comments:

Nunes Family said...

Gosh, that is not a fun night at all. I hope your nights get better. Best of luck.

S&J Jones Family said...

Ugh...what a rough night. I'm sorry you aren't getting any sleep. Sounds like Ryan is a little high maintenance right now. We are very lucky our kids are usually good sleepers (as I hear Baer up there fussing...better knock on wood or something).

Adam Jensen said...

oh man.... what a night... I wish I could help you some how! I want more kids... but maybe I can wait. I hope you can get some sleep soon! hang in there

Cynthia said...

Oh man... i think you might have a better chance sleeping in the day than at night! Once your mother in law leaves, you need to drop off the two at home kiddos at my house, so you can take a LONG midday nap.

Stacy said...

Oh I am so sorry! It is one thing to have the new baby waking you up but when the older ones do it is horrible! I am so sorry! I hope things will get better. . .

Stacy said...

I miss our care free days of swimming EVERYDAY!! Do you remember that? Back when I only had Chloe and was pregnant with Emma. We would pack a lunch and spend the mornings out by the pool, AHHHH. now I am looking at snow and scrubbing poop off the carpet. . . the joys of motherhood.

Lisa said...

That is hilarious! You will laugh in years to come about that! we have had similar nights so I can totally relate. We need to invent a time machine that puts everyone on "freeze" mode and we get to catch up on some sleep. Hey, did you get my e-mail about the blessing? We are excited to come! See you this weekend.

The Bassetts said...

What a horrible night. I can't believe Ryan ate four times in about 2 hours?!?! Hopefully he is just going through a growth spurt, or something, right? Good luck.