Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Grandma Bassett

We were so lucky to have Grandma Bassett come out to visit. We loved having her. It was so nice having an extra set of hands. The kids loved having grandma here. Anytime you want to come and visit again, we would love to have you Grandma.

Reading stories after naps.

Chase and Kailyn

Chase holding his head up.


Kailyn making Valentines for school.

While Grandma was here we went to Lowes and made Valentine's Day boxes. The kids loved it. The boxes turned out very cute and it was free.




Grandma watched the kids one night so Ken and I could go on a date. For dinner Grandma opened the fridge and said the kids could have whatever they wanted. Here is what they came up with. The middle is a tortilla with sour cream and cheese. The kids ate all of it.

Grandma helping Jordan hold Chase.
Chase is somewhat of a fussy baby. He loves to be swaddled and held. If he is not being held this is what he often looks like.

I had the camera out to take some pictures of Chase. Caden said, "Take a picture of me."

7 comments:

Lisa said...

Wow, look at all that hair; I am still amazed! Looks like it was fun to have Lynn out! Aren't mom's the best! See you this weekend (BTW-I still need your address!)

Lynn said...

I sure had fun with your family! Thanx for NOT putting in the pics of the chocolate chip "cookies." On Saturday morning when we were going out in the snow on a cold day with all of the kids to make "some free craft at Lowe's," I thought you were crazy. When we got there and the kids were loving it--and especially the next couple of days when they were all "treasuring" their treasure boxes--I thought, "Way to go, Shelly." Thanx for including pics so I can have some for MY memories, too.
LYATT
MomBa

Lynn said...

Oh, and remember when the kids were playing at Play World and I said the picture on my camera made Caden look like James? I think this last picture you posted of Caden looks like James. N-E-1 else think so?
MomBa

The Ziemers said...

I love those Lowe's boxes. I have always thought it could be fun to go and do something like that, but I have never gotten up the courage to go and do it. Cool. It is always fun to have grandma come. And Grandma Bassett looks like she is a fun grandma!

Miranda said...

I admire you so much Shelley, you are a super mom. I can relate to having a fussy baby and little girls to entertain. It's rough, but you're doing awesome!

Wade, Jenny, and Girls said...

Addi does the same thing. She always wants me to take a picture of her when I take a picture of Ellia. :)

Joe and Dawn said...

I have always loved all of your babies hair! He sure looks like a cutie. I hope he's sleeping better for you!
~Dawn~