Thursday, April 10, 2008

Yes, we're crazy

The other day Ken was home so we decided to run some errands. We decided to take our little red car cause it needed the oil changed. Well, while we were out and about we found a lawnmower that we liked. We had been looking since last fall when our other lawnmower bit the dust, and with spring here decided we better jump on it now. We bought the mower and some other things and started for our car when it suddenly hit us that we didn't have the van. I just started laughing. We tried putting it in the trunk, not even close. We then decided the only way to get it home was in the passenger seat. I offered to run home (I happened to have my running clothes on cause we had gone straight from walking group). Ken protested saying there was no way he was making me run all the way home (and, I might add, I think he didn't want to have to unload the car and care for the kids for how long it would take me to get home). So, I ended up on the floor behind the driver. It was not a comfy ride for Ken or me. I don't think Ken has ever sat so close to the stirring wheel. I was so happy when we got home my legs were both asleep. Here is the picture.
Yup, pretty tight fit!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is too funny! I bet your kids thought it was so much fun. I am sure you got some crazy looks from those in the lane next to you!

Susan said...

Ha! That's funny. It sounds like the running home scenario might have been the best idea. :)

Kimberly said...

That reminds me when we moved here and we had to buy a large trash can! I was the one in the back seat!I have then since begged my husband for a small suv or mini van.. but as you see, still hasn't happened. Well, you got to do what you got to do!

Stacy said...

That is funny!! We have actually done that a couple of times, but luckily just didn't buy the big thing and went back later! I was the worst last summer at yard sales. Almost every sat morning I would call my parents to come rescue me with their pickup! OOPS!

BensonFam said...

That's so funny - it reminds me of the time we bought our 9 foot Christmas tree at Costco, wheeled it out to our car and then thought "oop!" Quite a ride home.

Brenda said...

Classic, just wondering but how did ken's legs fit with you back there, and how many times did you get kicked. Great story!

brittani c. said...

Not many people can wedge into a car like that. What a great secret talent, Shelly!

Joe and Dawn said...

That is soooo great! It's a good thing you're in such good shape so you could fit. btw-we still miss you at aerobics!
Dawn

Kent and Leisy said...

no way!! I bet your kids thought it was hilarious!!!

Emilee said...

Awesome! It's a good thing that you are such a skinny minnie--or maybe a bad thing, since if you hadn't fit, you wouldn't have had to squoosh into that tiny spot. Were Caden's legs well-behaved?