Monday, April 7, 2008

Beautiful Day

It was an absolutely gorgeous day today! It was a day that made me wish I lived in California (so everyday could be so nice). I started the day by going running (Ken was home and watched the 2 kids). It felt so good to be outside and alone. We then went to story time at the library and then came home. It was just too nice to go inside so I did some much needed yard work while Jordan and Caden played and we waited for Kailyn to get home from preschool. We played for awhile but unfortunately our hunger got the better of us and we were forced to go in and eat.

After nap/quiet time I had planned on going back out to do more yard work but Caden woke up early from his nap. I initially thought it was cause the girls had been kind of loud but soon learned he was obviously not feeling well. When he woke up he seemed to not feel so well but didn't feel like he had much of a fever (he has had a bit of a runny nose and teeth coming in so I didn't think much of it). He quickly went downhill from there. He wanted to be held all night and his fever got worse and worse. I finally gave him some meds to bring down his high fever...holy cow! you could totally tell when it kicked in. As soon as the meds kicked in he wanted to go outside, so we were able to go out after all. I'm so glad cause it was a perfect night out. I was sad when we had to go in...kids unfortunately needed to get to bed. Caden seems to still be feeling sick. I was just up in his room (10:30pm) again to try and help him fall asleep. I hope he feels better tomorrow and I really hope no one else gets sick.

Sick Caden laying on the couch for a minute while I tried to quickly get dinner made. It looks like he is asleep but he is actually just staring into space...poor kid.

Kailyn had a doctor come and talk at her preschool. She got a lot of fun stuff.

3 comments:

Cynthia said...

Poor Caden! At walking group you didn't even mention the crazy day you had!
The girls look adorable in the doctor outfits!

Kent and Leisy said...

I hear the illness has migrated to jordan! I hope you don't have to deal with kailyn being sick next- and that you get some sleep soon :)

S&J Jones Family said...

Cute shirt that Kailyn has on!