Sunday, April 12, 2009

Chase (11 weeks old)

I have had a lot of people ask how Chase is sleeping. I hesistate to say anything, because I swear anytime I say anything positive he proves me wrong the next night. Like I told someone he was waking up less during the night and for the next 4 nights he starts getting up at 4am and stayed awake for an hour and a half. I'm happy to report he is doing good right now. Last night he was in bed by 8:30pm woke up 2 times during the night and went back to sleep quickly (something he has struggled with forever) and then was up for the day at 6:30am. I was SO happy! Ironically this is the best any of my babies have done at this point (from my worst to my best). I'm praying he keeps it up.
He is cute when he is sleeping.

This is Chase after crying full force for almost an hour and a half! Never took a break no matter what I did to try and calm him. Of course he has to look so cute to make it look like he didn't cause me any stress.

Yes, he is cute even at 4am.


Chase does have pretty good muscle strength.
I sure love when Chase smiles. He has been my least smiley baby, I'm sure due to his gas and reflux. He is also starting to coo more. I love it. He seems so concentrated as he tries to make sounds. He still hasn't laughed yet but has come very close. Tensing up like he is going to laugh but then just says, "Ahh."

3 comments:

BensonFam said...

Soooooo cute Shelly! I'm glad he's doing a little better at night (knock on wood, crossing fingers...) Hope you guys had a great Easter weekend - we miss you!

Brenda said...

He is sooooo cute! He's making me baby hungry (except for the sleepless nights)

Lisa said...

I am glad to hear that he is improving. I hope you are getting lots more rest than you were before :) How is that foot of your doing? I hope you are getting around okay.