Monday, August 3, 2009

Meet Chase


For those of you that have been asking. No you are not going crazy, the name of our youngest has been changed.


The reason for the change:

Ken and I had never gotten to talk about names because of Ken's crazy work schedule. When you only have 10 minutes to talk, picking a name unfortunately is not a priority. We had Chase about 2 weeks earlier than expected which also caught us off guard. We are not sure how Ryan was decided on since it was not on either of our individual top 5 lists. From the beginning we both had trouble calling him Ryan. It just never seemed to fit. We also HATED how all of our kids ended in the same 'en' sound. Having a Kailyn and Caden is bad enough (they are way too close). Ken said we should change his name when Chase was only a few weeks old. I had to warm up to the idea but finally decided to look into the logistics of changing it. After much confusing research on the internet we finally decided that it was worth the effort. So about a month and a half ago we begin to call him by his new name, Chase. He responded immediately to the name so it must be a sign that he likes it better too. As my mom pointed out, it ironically did correlate to the time Chase got on Zantac and began to become a happy/new baby.

6 comments:

Susan said...

Thanks for filling me in and confirming that I am not crazy! :) It sounds like you totally made the right call... that would be the worst to not feel good about the name afterwards... definitely better to change it sooner than later! Chase is very cute name!!

BensonFam said...

Very cute! (I was so confused....)

Nunes Family said...

I am with Susan I thought I was going crazy. I love the new Name sounds like he loves it also.

dockters said...

I love the name CHASE! I thought I was going crazy, too! When I read your blog a few days ago I had to run across the hall to ask Leisy who Chase was!! :) I love it though, and I'm glad he has a name that fits!

I hope all is well with you guys! Looks like you're having fun!

Kent and Leisy said...

I think he even looks a little different now! I'm a big fan of the new name!

Adam Jensen said...

:) He is a cutie!