Saturday, August 1, 2009

Cowboys and Cowgirls

Before Ken had to head back to Ohio, we were able to spend a few days together. It was heaven. Spending a day with my husband makes me miss him and love him so much more. How much more wonderful life would be if he were around more. Just one more year left. We can do it.

So one of the fun things we were able to do was go on a covered wagon ride (with Ken behind the reins) and horseback ride with some friends from church. The kids, of course, loved it and had so much fun.


Caden, Kailyn, and Jordan riding in the back of the covered wagon.

Caden, Chase, Jordan, and Kailyn sitting in the front of a chuck wagon.



Ken taking the reins.

Jordan and Kailyn on a horseback ride.

Cowgirl Kailyn


Cowboy Chase


Cowboy Caden

Caden and Jordan going on a horseback ride.


Ken's mom was so kind to take the kids so that Ken and I could go on an almost 2 hour horse ride. It was a lot of fun but nothing like the horses I would sometimes ride as a kid. Trail horse are not nearly as fun to ride as personally owned (never by me) horses that love to run.

Ken showing off his cowboy skills.

2 comments:

Susan said...

You guys sure have been busy having fun - that's so great!! And extra nice to have your hubby around to play :) I feel like I might be going a little crazy, 'cause I swear your little one's name was Ryan, but it seems you must have changed it to Chase? Fill me in. Both names are cute! :)

Angie said...

This looks like so much fun! I really admire the way you squeeze out such great family activities when you have so little time together. Keep up the good work!