Monday, May 9, 2011

Budding Artist

When the house we are living in first went on the market we had A LOT of showings. I would spend all of Saturday morning at the library because we had so many showings (it was too cold to go to the park). Although, not so fun it has been so much easier than our house in Toledo, OH was on the market. I think the big thing is I have a lot less going on in my life and a lot less stress overall.

That being said, things can get a little hairy in the hour leading up to the showing. The last little bit is when things always seem to go wrong, like someone dumping a box of cereal on the floor, forgetting to take shoes off and tracking mud onto my freshly mopped floor.  One day, just before a showing, Ava had been very restless and fussy, I was sitting on the couch feeding her when I hear a scratching, scribbling sound. I found this all over the walls all of the way from the front door down the hallway and into the living room.


Yikes! With only 15 minutes till we were suppose to show the house (sometimes they come early) what was I going to do? Enter one of my favorite things--the Magic Eraser. The boys and I each grabbed one and got to scrubbing. We got it off of every wall and even off of the wood built-ins.  Although easy to remove thanks to the Magic Eraser, I hope a certain 2 year old-- Chase-- has learned his lesson that paper is the only place we should color on.

5 comments:

chrisjones said...

Where were those magic sponges when I had wall writers???

Stacy said...

oh man! I bet you were just going crazy! Good thing you had Magic Erasers on hand!

Jorden and Jessica said...

Oh man that is stressful! Krew is so into that right now too! He wants to color on everything he can get his hands on! Thank goodness for magic eraser, I've never tried it before but I think I'll try it!

Lisa said...

Showings... sweet showings... That's all I have to say about that ;-)

Emilee said...

I've gone through more than my fair share of magic erasers and Clorox wipes preparing for showings at our house. Yuck.