Monday, October 11, 2010

Caden Update

A little about our soon-to-be 4-year old, Caden.

Caden has the greatest imagination. He loves to pretend. Some of his favorites: superman, chef, T-Rex, a dog named Butler, and army guy. When he is pretending to be one of these characters you must refer to him by the correct name. You can't say, "Put this away please." Caden will quickly correct you, "You mean Chef put this away please."

I can't believe how big Caden is getting. He is definitely going from looking like a toddler to looking like a boy.

Caden has always been a really light sleeper. The littlest noise wakes him up at night. He also has the problem that he just can't seem to unwind at night. Even if he is really tired he just can't seem to drift off to sleep. This whole sleeping thing has become very frustrating to me. He isn't getting enough sleep at night cause it takes him forever to fall asleep and then he wakes up at the first noise in the morning, so he is tired during the day; but if I try and get him to take a short little nap during the day it makes the nights even worse. Right now he is going through one of his phases where he wakes up multiple times during the night and comes into my room to inform me at 1am, 2am and 5am that he is hungry, scared, or can't sleep.

Here is where I found him at 4 o'clock in the afternoon when things just seemed too quiet in the house.

This is where we found him during snacks, at 3 o'clock.


Caden has become quite the talker. He can just talk and talk and talk. I went into a little shop downtown the other day and Caden was his chatty little self. He was telling me everything about everything. As we were about to leave the shop, the owner said to me, "You have the cutest little boy. I don't think he stopped talking once." Caden has always had the cutest sound to his voice, which makes all his talking even cuter.

PS I just have to mention a conversation I had with Caden the other day. I was organizing our front closet and Caden was talking to me. Seemingly, out of the blue he says to me, "Mom, I want fake nails for Christmas." A bit shocked and wondering where in the world this was coming from, how he knew anything about fake nails, and why in the world he wanted them, I turned to him and asked, "Really? And why do you want fake nails?" "So I can build a table and fix the chair." "Oh, you want fake nails to go with your fake hammer. That sounds like it would be fun!" Phew!

5 comments:

Stacy said...

What a cute boy! Sounds like we are having the same sleep or lack of sleep issue with my soon to be 4 year old! I love the fake nails! I am so glad that he is all boy and not part girl! :)

Lisa said...

Too cute! I love the last picture of him asleep at the table. Classic cute!

Your Sister said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
chrisjones said...

What funny story about the fake nails! He really is starting to look more grown-up. He is a sweetheart (another observation by a totally unbiased grandma J.)

Brenda said...

So cute. I love the fake nails part. Breven talks ALOT also, and I am wondering if you are bad like me and tune him out once in a while. Unfortunately I do that to Brev because he won't stop talking, I think he knows when that happens because that is when he starts asking for candy and I just nod my head or say yep and off he runs to the candy bowl.