Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Kids

So it is almost 6am and I have been up since 5am, I thought I would make use of this time by making a post. (I have gotten really good at typing one handed)

Sleep-
Everyone keeps asking how Chase is sleeping. In short, better but still not very good. Here is a run down of our night every night. About 9:30pm Chase settles down for the night, 10pm I am ready for bed (it takes me a little bit to get ready for bed after Chase falls asleep), 1am Chase wakes up to be fed (this takes about 30-45 minutes between feeding, burping and trying to settle him down), 3am he wakes again to be fed (same thing as the 1 am feeding), 5am he wakes to be fed and is up for the day. I hope he soon realizes that 5am is really not a reasonable time to be waking up.

In good news, he is doing SO much better fussiness wise. After my post about him turning a corner he had a horrible week but then started doing better again.
Random-
Here are some funny/cute things the kids have done lately.
Jordan: I was trying to get the house cleaned up and Kailyn was helping (she was trying to earn some money so she could eat pizza at school). Jordan went up to her room and told me not to peek until she told me to. Awhile later she comes down and tells me she wants to show me something. She takes me to her room where she proudly shows me what she had done. She had made her bed perfectly, picked up all the books and toys that had been on the floor, and taken all of her clothes out of her drawer and folded them nicely and put them back. The look of pride and excitement on her face as she showed me what she had done was priceless.

Also, awhile back, when we took our trip to D.C., we were eating at subway one day. Kailyn was not behaving very well and Ken told her she needed to shape up or go to time-out-"there was corner with her name on it if she didn't start behaving properly." Ken then notices Jordan looking up at the ceiling. Ken asks her what she is doing. Jordan's reply, "Where is a corner with Kailyn's name on it?"

Caden-We were walking to school one day. I started kissing his checks and said. "I love kissing your checks. I love Caden!" Caden then turns to me in a very tender moment and says, "I love...ogurt (aka yogurt)."

I gave Caden some yogurt and crackers and then went into the living room to feed Chase. Caden decided to put yogurt on top of his crackers, what a mess.

Also, as you may remember when Caden tried to blow out his birthday candles last November he ended up drooling all over the cake. Well, for Ken's birthday he tried to help, unfortunately, he ended up drooling all over the pie-the kid is a drool factory.

Chase- A few weeks ago Chase had been up crying and wouldn't stop. I tried feeding, burping and rocking...nothing was working. So, I thought I would try changing his diaper. I get his dirty diaper off and turn around to grab a clean one. For the first time there is silence. I turn around and yes he is still breathing but then I notice he seems a bit stunned-he had peed all over his face. So that is how your get a colicky baby to stop crying.

Chase had been fussy so Ken took him and started playing the piano. Apparently, Chase liked it.

2 comments:

Cynthia said...

Love the kids comments- so cute. "I love ogurt" is priceless!

Stacy said...

Your kids are so cute! They are growing up so fast!