Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Happy Birthday Ken

Ken turned 31 today. It has been a very long week for both of us. In just the last week I have had one shopping visit end with both Jordan and Caden crying on the floor and Chase crying in my arms as the cashier tried to figure out what she did wrong and me thinking I never want to go shopping ever, ever, ever again (it took 40 minutes just to check out, if I didn't need that milk so bad I would have told her to just forge it) and the other shopping visit end with Chase crying, Jordan dancing as she says she has to go potty, and me realizing I had left my wallet at home in a bag I had used when we went to the zoo.
Ken had no clue it was even close to his birthday until a couple of days ago when I asked him what he wanted for his birthday 'cake.' We had a pretty low key birthday with Ken coming off a 14 hour shift and starting a 30 hour shift tomorrow at 5am and me dealing with crying, tantruming kids all day...we had no desire to do much.
On Ken's request we ate a Mongolian Grill type dinner (that is what he requested, the actual dinner was good but not quite Mongolian Grill) and Key Lime Pie. Not the most exciting or fun birthday but the best we could do with what we were working with.

Jordan (4 yrs), Kailyn (5 1/2yrs), Chase (7 1/2 weeks), The Birthday Boy (31 yrs), Caden (2 1/2 yrs)

The Key Lime Pie. The first time I ever made it, and I think it turned out really good.

5 comments:

Lisa said...

Wow Shelly!! It sounds like your shopping trips this last week were down-right awful. I had a bad one this week but it didn't rival what you had to do with 4 kids. Happy Birthday Ken!! I remember when I used to think that 30 was old and now were almost there too! I guess it's always been about perspective! Hope you had a good one. The pie looks yummy.

Adam Jensen said...

it looks way good! Happy Bday :) I am sorry about your shopping trips, sounds like a nightmare!
I hope you can come in July! Sounds like you need it!

The Bassetts said...

Shelly, I just have to tell you that I really like your plates. I have noticed them in another one of your blogs too and I admired them for a while. Anyway the pie looks so good!
Carissa

Renae said...

Shelly, please bring Jordan and Kaden to my house when you go to the store. I feel your pain.
Happy Birthday to Ken!

Kent and Leisy said...

you'll have to bring the recipe for a cooking groups sometime. I LOVE key lime pie!! and I can't believe that you do four kids so well!- I often wonder why my ONE child is throwing insane tantrums and all of yours are so well behaved.