Friday, December 14, 2007

Tagged

Wow, I can't believe it has been so long since I posted last. Sorry. So Ken (my most wonderful, amazing husband) finally got it so I could download pics again. Three cheers for Ken. So I thought it would be fun to tag my kids. Here are a few things you may not know about them. Like I said Ken just got the program up and running today so I only have pics from the last couple of days. Now that I know I can download again hopefully I will be better about taking pictures. So here it goes....

Caden


1. He loves water. He gets so excited about water, drinking it that is. He is constantly asking for a drink (using sign language).
2. He does not like milk or juice. He is to the point where he won't even look at them, let alone try them.
3. He has a reflex that makes him cough when you put something in his ear (ie, when the doctor is looking in his ear or his ears are getting cleaned out)
4. Loves toast but refuses to eat anything else bread-related. He won't even eat the bread for sacrament. Totally opposite from our girls who love bread.
5. Has just recently, in the last few months, started sleeping past 5:30am. It is not unusual for him to wake up during the night, sometimes he asks for a drink but most of the time we have no idea why he is awake.
6. He is a drooler. The front of his short is constantly wet.

Jordan



1. Whenever she has to use the restroom and she is in the kitchen, she says, "Mommy, mommy I have to go potty!" She then proceeds to run the long way to the bathroom. She does this everytime. Even Kailyn has noticed. One time Jordan took the short way and Kailyn asked, "Why did she go that way?"
2. She is an insomniac. If she gets up during the night to go to the restroom it is guaranteed that she will be up at least 3 times after that just coming into our room and waking me up. She also sometimes just gets up during the night for no known reason, except to disrupt my sleep I'm sure.
3. Loves cereal. She is overjoyed when I let her eat cereal instead of the pancakes, waffles, etc. that I normally make.
4. Does not like eggs. She will sometimes ask for it because Kailyn asks for them (Kailyn loves eggs in any form), but then she won't eat them.
5. Will often carry around food forever. For example, the other day she was at a friend's house and she got some marshmallows. Well, when I came to get her an hour later she was still holding it. it is funny cause she will want something so bad but then will just hold it in her hand and it is not unusual that she will never eat it.
6. Loves to dress up and dance in this blue little outfit I got for free from somewhere. She is constantly coming up to me and asking me to turn on music so she can dance. I try to have her wear her clothes underneath the blue outfit because our house is a bit cold but she refuses. I don't know how she can stand to wear so little when it is so cold.

Kailyn



1. Is a rule follower. She is very literal. If it says do it this way that is the way we better do it.
2. Has no knee reflex. Ok so Ken says she has a little one (he can actually get it). Last time we were at the doctor there was a medical student there and the poor guy tried so hard to get her knee to jerk. Poor guy was probably thinking he was doing something wrong since he had just started Peds and this was one of his first rotations. The doctor then came in and checked her and she too tried and tried to get her knee to jerk. I had totally forgotten about her little quirk until after the doctor was struggling too.
3. Can be so hot and cold. It is great when she is in a good mood and wants to help and be a little mommy, but bad when she is stubborn and refuses to do anything. She is normally stubborn when she has not gotten enough sleep.
4. Kind of going along with the above, she gets so excited about things. Like when packages come for her, she gets so excited! Right now she is SO excited for Christmas. She loves counting down everyday with her advent calendar (She loves it, Mom, thanks). Every morning, "Mom how many days till Christmas?" She then spends the rest of the day telling people how many days are left.
5. Can be so brave. She bore her testimony at church even though no other kids in our ward were. Gave a talk in primary with minimal help (I had to prompt her in the beginning but she did the rest). She is always surprising me with things she will/can do. She has never been very afraid of strangers (except when she is being stubborn). She went to nursery without a problem when she was little. She often jumps off/into things I never thought she would.
6. She is deathly afraid of needles. She can't even watch others get poked. She always asks to leave the room when Caden or Jordan are getting their shots. Kailyn got a sliver once and it was awful trying to get that thing out. You would have thought we were torturing her the way she yelled/panicked/freaked out/kicked/thrashed about. I was so glad this year when they offered the nose spray version for her flu shot.

8 comments:

Keriann said...

What a great idea! It was fun to get to know your kids a little better. I'm also glad to hear that your love/hate relationships are getting better. At least as far as the computer goes.

David Kenison said...

Delightful list and photos. Thanks for sharing this info about your beautiful children!
- Uncle Dave

Jonathan & Rachel said...

So cute and fun to read-I may have to copy!! Your kids are so cute and fun!!

dtravelbug said...

How fun! Thanks for posting that. The ear/cough reflex is so funny.

S&J Jones Family said...

So glad the computer is working again! Love the pictures. I miss the kids...I wish I could do the "beam me up Scotty" thing like in Star Trek. I'd come visit in a heart beat. Love you guys, we'll miss you at the Jones Family party this year!

Adam Jensen said...

So fun! Your kids are so cute. It is funny how everyone is so different. I am so excited to see what our other little boy will be like :)

BensonFam said...

Such a cute idea to tag your kids. I may have to steal it. And HALLELUJIAH for the flu mist!! Olivia's last ordeal at the county clinic getting all of her school shots so she could start preschool left me dreading the flu shot just as much as she was. (Picture chubby 7 month pregnant me trying to hold her down in a full body press.)

Anonymous said...

Very cute idea! I loved reading about each of your kids.