Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Going Bananas

Ok, so last Saturday I needed to make a quick run to the store. When I got to Meijer's (it's similar to a Super Walmart for you Western people) it was crazy. Not only was it the last weekend to shop for things that needed to be mailed, but it was also the day before a major storm was predicted to hit (everyone was stocking up). Well, we got our few items and then got into the lines. They were very long even though every single one of the checkout lines were open. After being in line for awhile I realized I wanted some bananas. So I sent the two girls (We were right next to the produce) "Go and get a bunch of bananas--just one bunch of bananas, OK?" Well, they were gone for awhile and I was really not wanting to get out of the line I had waited in forever. Just when I was about to get out of line and go on the missing children search they suddenly appeared--each carrying as many bananas as their little arms could hold. I couldn't hold it in--I busted out laughing while everyone in surrounding lines started stepping back and reaching for cell phones to call the nut house (they couldn't see the girls--it must have appeared that I was going "bananas" and laughing at, well, nothing). Yeah, I should have seen that coming...they did get a bunch of bananas. Luckily, I was able to talk Kailyn into taking some of them back. I wasn't as successful with Jordan, so we were left with a whole "bunch" of bananas. Kailyn's response, "It's ok mom. Now we have some to eat and some to use for banana bread."

1 comment:

Lynn said...

I sure love the stories you tell. Your captions are pretty clever, too!
MomB