Thursday, December 6, 2007

Love/Hate

I have a love, hate relationship with a lot of things this week. Here are a few:

LOVE having a dishwasher. Washing dishes by hand in our last apartment was not fun (tiny single-bin sink, no counter space).
HATE that ours broke down a couple weeks ago. Back to washing by hand...
Solution We finally bought a new dishwasher last night! Yeah! Hopefully we can get it hooked up today.

LOVE having a van. I dragged my feet about getting one but I love the extra space and not having to bend over to buckle kids.
HATE when said van has problems.
Solution I took our car in (apparently the belt falling off is a common problem with this make/model/year). The permanent repair is pricey but after some research on the net I think it is the best option. Also, we are lucky cuz this solution came out early this year (not sure why it took so long to get one)

LOVE the computer.
HATE that our power cord has issues. This means I can't access or download any pictures right now, thus the reason I haven't posted in awhile and there are no pics today.
Solution I think it is time to say bye to the computer (hopefully we can get it up and running long enough to get all of our stuff off of it)

LOVE
that people have been complementing Jordan lately. Here are some of the comments I have gotten from people at the YMCA "She should get the sister of the year award." (apparently she was sharing her snack with Caden, making sure he got his share even if she had to hunt him down to give it to him). "Is she this quiet at home?" "Does she normally get along so well with her brother? (at which I thought, "Oh no, what did she do?) She was so sweet to him, giving him hugs and kisses and helping him."
HATE that she is not always this sweet. I laughed when the lady asked if Jordan was always so quiet. We often comment that Jordan needs a volume control. "Jordan remember to use your inside voice."
Solution OK so she isn't always perfect but I can be thankful that she is at least good a lot of the time.

LOVE the beautiful fall colors.
HATE that these leaves fall off into my yard.
Solution I spend all day Saturday racking the leaves off our yard (it was seriously most the day. One person+huge yard=lots of time). I was so tired that night.

LOVE that Jordan and Kailyn played together so well and helped keep Caden happy while I racked.
HATE ...what is there to hate? Did you read what I wrote? Kailyn and Jordan get along and make Caden happy, what is there to hate about that?
Solution actually more of a question than a solution. How do I get them to always be so helpful?

LOVE having a more normal sized stove, I can actually fit my pizza pan in (it is bigger than our last one but it is still smaller than most)
HATE that it seems to be having issues. We knew when we bought the house that the temp was off but I can't figure out by how much. (it seems like it has gotten worse since we moved in)
Solution I need to get something that will read the internal temp of the oven.

LOVE that we got our first snow storm. The kids were so excited. I loved watching them get so excited.
HATE the constant cold. It is actually not so bad right now but I know I am going to be so sick of it by the time winter is over.
Solution bring on the layers. Socks are a must.

No comments: