Monday, September 9, 2013

Our new home

This was a bit of a crazy move. We had planned months earlier to make a trip out to South Dakota to get the rest of our stuff (coinciding with a trip Ken took out there to work). We had hoped to close on our new house in time to just unload our stuff at the new home, but we had some last minute difficulties with the loan. Luckily, the people we were buying from were super nice and let us put all of our stuff into the garage a few days early until we closed on the house. While we had the moving truck we decided to also move all of the stuff from our rental house into the garage. 

The kids helping us load the stuff from our rental
This was also a really hard move because I was pregnant and definitely feeling the nausea and fatigue. There were times when I definitely thought I couldn't do anymore. 

Then sadly, just after we closed, on the house I found out my Grandma had passed away.  So I cleaned the rental and then made a trip to MT with the kids for the funeral (Ken had to stay back to work). I am so glad I made the trip.  It was so wonderful to see all of my cousins (it's been many years since I've seen some) and so nice to honor and remember such a fun loving woman. 

Anyway, on to the pictures of our house taken before we moved in...
Even though it looks like a two story, it is actually a ranch.

Standing in the doorway looking into the living room.
The kitchen.

Master bath.

Taking the final load from our rental house.
Since we didn't have enough happening in our life, we decided to take down a pony wall that separated the living room and the kitchen. All of the kids got to help. So glad we did it before we moved all of our stuff into the house.

Chase taking a swing.
Jordan loved helping, especially if she got to hammer holes in the wall.

Kailyn taking a swing.


Push kids!

Yay! It's down.

Now to take care of all of these nails sticking up from the floor, oh, and the electrical wire.

Much better. Okay so it will be even better when we get the floor and wall fixed but that will have to wait.


I swear I was so tired of cleaning. I white glove cleaned our rental and was so frustrated when we moved into our new house to find a very dirty house. Dirt doesn't show up very well in pictures but I bet you can't miss the nastiness in these pictures...
The ceiling fan. Love my husband for cleaning this.  It was seriously making me sick (remember I am in the throws of morning sickness).

The microwave

The oven

Good thing we had such good helpers.

Oh, can't forget our back yard. We have this big water feature and tons of rose bushes.

The kids have loved it.

It started with playing with sticks in the water and has evolved to the kids wading in.

The view from my kitchen window. Kind of cloudy but those are mountains in the background. Love! Sadly this is not our property, but love the view and the kids love the horses that live in that field.

Adding more storage in the garage.

2 comments:

chrisjones said...

Love your house! We can't wait to see it in person.

I can't believe things were left so disgustingly dirty! Have some pride people!

Jorden and Jessica said...

Your house is beautiful! I love that waterfall too, how entertaining for the kids! How irritating that people can't clean up after themselves! That's one of the worst parts of moving, especially when you're sick!!