Sunday, March 18, 2012

Ear Piercing

Kailyn has been wanting to get her ears pierced for awhile now. After all, all of her friends have their ears pierced. She met our family requirement to memorize the first 8 articles of faith, so I took her to "Claire's" in the mall. I was a little nervous seeing as she despises getting shots. They marked her ears and then they did both ears at the same time. Kailyn's reaction?...hardly anything, she didn't flinch or cry. She did amazing! Now she is counting down the days until she can take the studs out and wear different earings. She has been faithful at following all of the ear care directions-cleaning them everyday, rotating them 3 times a day, and checking for infection.

Two workers getting ready to pierce her ears.

Kailyn checking out the new pierced ears.

6 comments:

chrisjones said...

Kailyn, it won't be long before you experience the greatest mystery in the universe--how is it possible to lose half of every earring set you own?

Stacy said...

SO fun!! Chloe got hers done last month and is counting down too! Only 12 more days for us! And I tell you what, I am sick of the cleanings! I think it makes them look so much older!

McKay and Ashley Pearson said...

Kailyn they look so cute! I remember being so excited when I got my ears pierced.

Susan said...

Emma keeps asking if she can get her ears pierced, and I just can't decide at what age I will let her... I LOVE the idea of having some or all of the Articles of Faith memorized - you are a clever mommy :)

Emily said...

How exciting! Smart to wait until she's old enough to take care of them herself. About a year ago I got mine redone and I asked Olivia if she wanted hers done as well and she looks at me and says "No thanks. I'm fine just the way I am."

Brenda said...

Yea how fun! Kyla will be excited to hear!