Sunday, March 20, 2011

Ava


Ava is up to 8 lbs 10oz and 21 inches (as of a week ago). The last couple of days have been really rough.  She has been extra fussy (from noon on she was either eating, sleeping or crying).  She is a very gassy baby (I think it may be contributing to her fussiness).  Her worst days just had to be on the days that all of the kids were out of school and Ken worked everyday this week and I was trying to get the house ready so that the owner can put it on the market (not much got accomplished on that end!). She did redeem herself today when she decided to be good.  Thank goodness since Ken had to work and I had all 5 kids at church by myself. 

We still love her though and she sure loves to be held. She also loves Ken. She gave Ken her very first smile and had been smiling at him for a whole week before I even got my first smile! I was so excited to tell Ken she had finally smiled at me only to be trumped by the fact that she had just cooed at Ken...does that really seem fair? I don't think Ava realizes who is getting up with her at night and giving her all of those calories so that she can finally start to chunk up. Yes, they realize very young that daddy is the fun one.

(Ava 4 weeks old)

5 comments:

chrisjones said...

Oh, cute little Ava, you'd better be nice to your mommy! See you on Wednesday:D

Jorden and Jessica said...

That is so not fair! Moms put in so much work for so little thanks! Hang in there Shell!
PS I love the headband :)

Stacy said...

oh what a turkey! She does NOT get to be a daddy's girl this early!

Renae said...

She is just so sweet that she gets away with it! Ava is adorable. I hope she has more good days, especially if Ken is gone.

McKay and Ashley Pearson said...

Be nice to your momma Ava! She is so cute! I also love that headband on her. Go Jess!