Saturday, May 15, 2010

Who works harder?

A conversation I just barely heard, between Jordan and Kailyn:


Jordan: Mom works harder than Dad. That's why she has a Mother's Day. Dad works, too, but Mom works harder.


Kailyn: No, sir. Dad works hard, too. Sometimes he has to stop and think (explaining why there are times I can be found just sitting on the couch doing apparently nothing). It's very frustrating (his work is very frustrating) and he has to just stop and think (with the TV on and a computer on his lap).


Jordan: Mom works harder. Dad just has to work sometimes (truer words have never been spoken).


Kailyn: You don't know how hard it is to be a doctor. You've never seen him work.


Jordan: He's not a doctor


Kailyn: He's learning to be a doctor. When he moves to his new job he will be a real doctor.


Jordan: He just has to sit on the helicopter.


Kailyn is fiercely loyal to me, but it sounded as if even she were having a difficult time defending me. I won't tell you who I think is right in all of this. I WILL say that at the moment of this conversation, Shelly was upstairs taking a nap while I had just finished cleaning up the glass plate that Jordan had just dropped and shattered.

3 comments:

Renae said...

That's just so funny! How did it get settled? :)

Brenda said...

I love it! that is so funny!

chrisjones said...

I'm sure the fact that Mommy is the one that needed the nap doesn't mean anything, right?