Thursday, May 13, 2010

Mother's Day

Wonderful! That is how I would describe my mother's day. It started out by Ken getting up with our early birds (ahh, I got sleep in) and making breakfast. I was then served breakfast in bed. Homemade waffles with fresh strawberries and whip cream, my favorite.

Saturday he had taken the kids out to look for a gift. Honestly, one of my favorite parts of mother's day is this little trip that allows me to have a quiet home to myself for a couple hours. They picked out a very cute skirt and shirt, which I wore to church.

Kailyn made a paperweight at school. A rock she painted the BYU colors and put a Y in the middle. She was so proud of it.

Ken made dinner. He asked me yesterday what I wanted for my meal and I told him I felt like something different. Something we have never made. This is what he came up with....

Yum!

At church the kids made cute little paper flowers that said why they love me. Here is what they said...

Kailyn: She's SO nice to me!!
Jordan: She takes me to fun places and takes me to carnivals.
Caden: She makes breakfast for me.

I feel so incredibly blessed to be a mother to my little munchkins. It can be quite intimidating at times to think of all of the things I want them to learn but I'm thankful I am the one that gets to teach them.

1 comment:

the landreths said...

Ahhhh...that sounds like a wonderful day.