Tuesday, December 6, 2011

The Boys

Caden has a great imagination! The other day he saw these gray tubs in the garage and decided to play with them. He immediately popped it on his back and said, "Hey Mom, I'm a snail." Then Chase and he crawled around with them on their backs. Jordan was quite miffed because there wasn't one for her. "No fair!  They get a tub and I don't. Why do they get one?" Jordan those tubs have been in the garage for weeks and no one has touched them, Caden is the one that got them out and started using his imagination to make them fun.


Caden as a snail.


The fun did not end with the snails. When bath time came, I told the boys to go and get their pajamas and get ready for a bath. I heard the water running and went to check it out. I found Caden and Chase with their tubs in the bathtub and each tub filled with water. They thought it was great and were laughing and having a great time.


Wait!  There's more (and you thought the fun with the tubs was over). After putting the boys to bed we went in to check on them and found them asleep in their tubs. Doesn't that look comfy?


Caden fast asleep.



Chase fast asleep.



One day I layed down for a much appreciated nap (Ava is the sweetest baby during the day but absolutely refuses to sleep through the night. Caden is not so great at sleeping either.) Ken took the boys out to the garage (Ava was napping, too) so he could do some organizing. When I woke up from my nap I was told that Caden had a surprise for me.  He made me cover my eyes and go out to the garage (I thought they were going to show me the clean and organized garage.) Caden told me to open my eyes and there was Caden riding across the driveway with no training wheels. Yes, I was so surprised! Chase then said, "Me too!" and got on the scooter and rode across the driveway and said, "Surprise Mom!" (He has been riding the scooter all summer, he just wanted to be like his big brother.)


Chase is really good at riding on a scooter. Here he is on his sister's scooter.



Caden on his bike training wheel free!




Caden had apparently asked Ken to help him ride this bike (a smaller bike we have that is great for learning to ride because they can easily touch the ground). Ken started helping him, and he was doing it with no problem, so they decided to take the training wheels off his bike.




Caden was so proud of himself. He surprised me by getting dressed for church all by himself.

1 comment:

chrisjones said...

I love the bin stories! Learning to ride your bike is always such a big accomplishment. What cute boys!