Thursday, February 10, 2011

Jordan's Birthday Party

This year Jordan got to have a birthday party.  She choose a princess theme.  We invited 10 girls from school and church.  I was a bit nervous the night before thinking, "What have I gotten myself into?"  The party was a huge success and things couldn't have gone more smoothly.


The invitation...


The princesses (and superheros) in attendance. 


1. We started out by decorating foam crowns with stickers and jewels.
2.  Then we played pin the kiss on the frog (they had a pair of lips that they tried to get on the frog's lips to turn him into a prince.)

3. Next we hit a pinata.  Jordan has been talking about having a pinata since she saw one at the store 6 months ago, so this was a VERY necessary part of the celebration.

4.  Then we read the princess and the pea.  After the story we played a little game.  One girl went out of the room and we hid a ball under one of three pillows.  The girl then came back in and laid on the pillows and tried to guess which pillow the ball, "pea", was under.

5. Then we played a version of Simon says, only we played Princess says.


6. After all of the games it was time for lunch.  Jordan's choice...pizza and chocolate milk.


7. Cupcakes and ice cream.  We were originally going to have the girls decorate the cupcakes, but ran out of time.


8.  Finally, we opened presents.  Jordan loved all of her gifts and I was amazed at how generous some of her friends were.


Jordan absolutely loved her party!  The happiness that was on her face was so worth all of the effort.  I love how overly joyed she gets by things.  I wish I could bottle it up so I could enjoy it over and over again.  What a wonderful birthday.

8 comments:

chrisjones said...

What a fun party! Jordan, you are the cutest princess ever!

Judy said...

I am amazed at how well-behaved everyone looks. What a nice group of friends for such a cute, cute girl!

BensonFam said...

Happy Birthday Jordan! And nice job on the party mom (I love the pin the kiss on the frog - so cute!)

Brenda said...

Cute Ideas! We love princess parties over here! Happy Birthday Jordan!!! Glad that she had a great day!

The Bassetts said...

Happy Birthday Jordan! It looks like a fun party. Good job Shelly - that's a lot of work.

McKay and Ashley Pearson said...

Happy Birthday Jodren! It looks like a lot of fun. I'll be calling you shelly for good birthday ideas. Way cute! Wish I could have been there

Angie said...

Looks like everyone had fun! (Even Mom...)
Happy Birthday Jordan!

Lisa said...

How fun!! I want to come to your party ;-) looked like fun! Can't believe she is 6 already....I'm sure you can't either! Happy Birthday Jordan!