Tuesday, November 17, 2009

My Grandma

My maternal Grandma passed away this morning.  I don't know that it has fully hit me that she is gone.  I am going to miss her so much.  My cousin wrote a great tribute to her on one of her blogs.  If you want to check it out go here.  She really did endure a lot in her life.  I think of her often as Ken has had to work so much and I often go for a week without seeing him.  I don't know how she raised five young kids all on her own.  I find it very hard at times and yet I do have someone to lean on and support me (he may not always be here physically but I know he is there for me).  I love my Grandma very much and only wish that my kids could have been able to know her better cause she really was a great woman.  She was spunky, hard working, and loved her family dearly.

5 comments:

Stacy said...

So sorry for you and your family.

Jorden and Jessica said...

Very well said! I too will miss her dearly, and I only wish Krew could have known her. She is a such a strong woman. I don't think I could go through what she has.

Brenda said...

I am sorry Shelly. She was a wonderful woman! I remember how kind she was to me. Hope you are well. We will keep you in our prayers.

Brent Bassett said...

We love your Grandmother, too. She always treated us royally and we enjoyed her sense of humor. I, too, am sad that your children can't know her better. Hopefully there is or will be some good history written about her and they can at least get to know about her. I know you value her testimony and perseverance. It was a great blessing that you were able to visit her, if only briefly, last summer. We send our love and our witness that she still lives and that you will see her again in heaven.

Love you,
Dad and Mom Bassett

Silly Bassetts said...

Shelly I am really sorry to hear about your grandma. She was a very kind and giving woman. She was very welcoming to us the few times we stayed there. She had so many neat stories. I also loved that she wasn't afraid to tell you what was on her mind. How are you and your mom doing?
Love
Kristie and Russ