Tuesday, September 15, 2015

May 2015, Part 2

We had Jordan's dance recital in May. She did fabulous. She is such a beautiful dancer.



Jordan is the front right.


OK, so Ava has her own fashion sense. I say, it is not worth the battle most the time and just roll with it (maybe giving suggestions). This is the outfit she choose to wear to go watch Jordan's recital. The hat and red thing around her neck and her doll were hidden in her backpack and taken out once we got there (probably because she knew I would suggest something else if she had tried to walk out the door with it on).




Hannah fell asleep while eating something. To tired to even finish chewing.

Chase's Kindergarten music concert. Seriously, SO cute. Sorry this is the only picture but I spent the majority of the concert outside because Hannah was being so ornery (and yes I mean outside the building, she was even too loud to stand in the hallway)



Yep, here we are again with Ava's personally picked outfit. Again she had different shoes on when we left, wasn't wearing the black jacket and didn't have the glasses on. After we sat down, I turned to see her looking like this (apparently, I need to check her bags before we leave the house).


It is so hard to get a non super cheesy or stiff smile from Chase.



Can you tell Ava loves getting her picture taken?

And soon everyone wanted to be in on the picture...




So Chase went through this period where he was sleep walking a lot. Often he would come out of his room in a panic. I quickly learned that when you can't understand him or he is pacing or panicking it is because he needs to use the restroom. One night I hear someone up (Ken and I were not in bed yet), and can hear what sounds like someone panicking. I tell Ken to quickly go help him (I was dealing with Hannah). Unfortunately, Ken is too late and walks in to Chase peeing into the bucket full of the kids church shoes. Eew!


Hannah our little climber, having fun taking off the couch cushions climbing up them and the sliding or running down them.


Hannah loves peanut butter and will eat it by the spoonfuls or in this case the handfuls.



Some of Caden's artwork from school.


"The Best Part of Me: My hands. My hand are strong. They help me lift stuff. They can chop wood. They me tie a tie. I couldn't bear life without my hands."


Jordan wrote a bunch of poems and then created this poster to share at an open house.


Don't let those cute faces fool you...


Yep, this is pretty much my kids and my life...crazy!

Passing time by playing in the rain. We were at Caden's belt promotion, but it is an awfully long time to sit for little kids. Decided that the next time Ken is working and the girls are at their own activities, it may be worth it to just hire a sitter.

Caden getting his High Blue Belt.


Ava's preschool creation.


Jordan's art from the year.

Chase's art from the year.

Chase wanted to make sure I got a good picture of his 3 favorite art projects.



No, she's not tired she just likes the feel of the table on her face.

I had promised the girls that we would go swimming the day the pool opened. Unfortunately, the weather turned just as we were getting ready to go, but a promise is a promise. The weather was not that nice..ok it was downright cold.. but the two little girls thought it was still a perfect day to swim. They only got to swim for half an hour and then we got kicked out because of rain clouds rolling in.

See that person in the background wearing a jacket? Yeah, it was that cold.


We went to Aunt Brenda's and Uncle Andrew's for a BBQ and apparently the neighbors thought it was a great day to BBQ, too. Their party was much cooler, though, with a row of motorcycles out front. They offered to let the kids sit on them, which the kids thought was the coolest thing.

Ava and Becky.

Jordan and Chase.

Caden lucked out and got his own.

All of the kids lined up.


A few of the guys even revved their bikes for the kids...which made it even cooler.



2 comments:

chrisjones said...

So basically, Ava and her dress-up take after her momma at the same age. I'm glad you get to have some of the fun I did :). So many pictures to laugh at! Jordan looks so beautiful and graceful, Ava looks so silly, and Chase....well, I'm going to have to buy him a mirror for his next bday so he can practice smiling.

Jorden and Jessica said...

I love all of these pictures. Such a beautiful family. The Chase sleepwalking and peeing cracks me up because that is totally Krew. On another note, how genius to have just a "Church shoes bucket" why do those always disappear on Sunday morning?!