Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Random May 2013

I bought some gingerbread kits on super clearance after Christmas. I got them thinking they would be fun to make some day when the kids were bored. The kids loved making them.

Kailyn and Caden worked together on one.
Chase and Jordan (with a little "help" from Ava) made the second train.

The finished project.

Oops! Ava made a mess.

No worries, Ava won't let any of it go to waste.

WHAT WERE THEY THINKING!!!
So Caden had a little friend over after school. They had been playing outside when they decided to go up to Caden's room. I could hear things were getting a little rowdy so I told them they needed to calm down and find something to do. I left to go finish some laundry. I could hear things were not getting better so I went back up. I couldn't even opened the door because one of the mattresses was in front of the door. The boys had literally taken everything and thrown it around the room, clothes, blankets, stuff from the closet. They took drawers out and were ripping apart a metal shelf. Everything was thrown, nothing was untouched. In 5 minutes, they had destroyed Caden's room. I told them this was unacceptable and that they needed to clean it all up. Caden's little friend refused to help and said he didn't feel like helping. I immediately took him home. Caden spent the next 2 days cleaning. The pictures below are taken after he and Chase and been working on it for an hour and a half. All I can say is he better never, ever do that again.




Kailyn's helmet creation.

3 comments:

chrisjones said...

What was he thinking? I don't think he was!!

The Bassetts said...

Wow what a mess! My boys have done that on a smaller scale (dumped all the clothes out of all the drawers and added legos and blankets and odd toys to the pile) It is frustrating how long it takes to get it all clean when it only takes a few minutes to make the mess. Still not sure what possesses them to want to do that.

Jorden and Jessica said...

Ugh! I hate this! Krew is a relatively tidy kid but there are a few kids that bring out the beast in him. It's hard because you know they wouldn't do it on their own but it is still no excuse to go hog wild when these type of kids come over to play! But way to go by taking him home! I'm sure they won't be doing that again...well I hope not!!