Monday, August 15, 2011

Camping--Fishing

We didn't get the chance to do much camping this year...ok so we hadn't done any yet. We had to remedy this, so we packed up the kids and Ken found us a great camping spot. Ken thought it was high time we got our own fishing poles (this coming from the man that can't stand eating fish). 

Getting the poles ready.

Although this looks like a fish in the picture, unfortunately it is not. The only thing we caught was lots of seaweed.



Kailyn casting.

Dad helping Caden. Caden had some of the best casts. We had to make sure no one was around, though, because he was not so good at looking to see if anyone was around him.

One thing I like about having a nursing baby is that I love reading while feeding. Ken thought I was crazy for bringing my book camping. Give me a break, it was a good book (VERY good).

Its not like I was needed, the kids were occupied drinking their gatorade.  They had been asking for them from the moment Ken got them.


Who doesn't like a drink that turns your tongue blue.

2 comments:

dockters said...

Your camping trip looks so fun! I can't believe how big your kids are getting...especially Chase! And I don't blame you a bit for taking that book...it is amazing! I couldn't put it down either!

Cynthia said...

Looks like a fun camping trip and thanks for taking a picture of the book, because I just requested it from the library:)