Friday, September 24, 2010

SOLD!!!

We officially sold our house today!! We couldn't be happier (though our banking account has rolled over and died). I was so hesitant to tell anyone when we got the offer because I seriously thought it would jinx us. But since we closed today, we can officially celebrate! Hooray!!! If you can't tell I am REALLY excited. I thought we might own a vacation home in Toledo, OH.

This is no longer ours!!!

Things really went so smoothly. She offered, we countered, she accepted. She had a home inspection and came back with some repairs (ended up costing us $1,500 which we counted as a blessing because 1. we thought she would just back out after an inspection 2. we thought she was going to demand we redo the roof over the main part of the house). We had the repairs done and she wanted to close immediately instead of waiting 2 weeks for the original closing date. We quickly took all of our money from all sources (other than retirement) and wrote a really big cashiers check (leaving a totally barren account, good thing Ken was paid the next day). I thought it would make me totally nauseous to see so much money go but I think it was over shadowed by the fact that we sold our house!

PS I am really sorry for those of you that have not sold your house yet (friends and family). For me it was so hard to hear when others had sold their house and we hadn't. We are praying for all of you.

14 comments:

Judy said...

YAHOO!!!!!!!! This calls for some serious (but cheap) celebrating. What are you going to do?

Angie said...

Wonderful!!!!

chrisjones said...

I'm sooo glad everything came together. I marked your orginal closing date on the calendar, but now I can cross it out. I think Dad and I should go on a realllly expensive date to celebrate for you!

Adam Jensen said...

that's great! you worked so hard to get it nice, I am so glad it sold!

chrisjones said...

Oops, I meant ORIGINAL closing date...

Jill Lau said...

YEAH!!! I am so happy for you guys. What a relief!

brittani c. said...

So glad that the burden is off your shoulders! (and so sad you don't have a vacation home any longer!) Hooray!

Austin and Mindy said...

Congratulations! That's is awesome!

Kenna said...

That is such a relief. So happy for you guys!

Kent and Leisy said...

I am sooooo happy for you guys!!! what a wonderful wonderful relief :) we miss you guys so much around here!

dockters said...

This has got to feel SO good!! I am thrilled for you guys!!! That was fast!!!

Cynthia said...

Congrats guys!! That must feel great to get that taken care of.

Jorden and Jessica said...

It is hard to hear you sold your house when our house has been on the market for a year and a half:( But I am still SOOO happy for you. What a relief! Congrats!

The Bassetts said...

Congratulations! What a relief that must be.