Thursday, September 2, 2010

Happy Birthday...to me!

This was one of the best birthdays I have had in many years. Why? Cause I actually got to spend it with my husband. In years past he has either been doing away rotations or I've been in Montana (so I wouldn't have to be home by myself) or he has had to work. It just seemed like my birthday was bad luck.

Ken had the whole day of this year, so we really took advantage of it. We hired a sitter, grabbed lunch from Subway and then went to a movie. It has been years since I have seen a movie in the theater so this was a real treat. For dinner, Ken went and got some hamburgers for the kids and got us some yummy take out for us. Dessert was angel food cake with strawberries and whip cream. Yum!


The girls checking out the new necklace they gave me.


Me and my babies.

7 comments:

dockters said...

Happy birthday, Shelly!!
Glad your day was a good one!

ps...I love your hair!

chrisjones said...

Congratulations on a real birthday! May you have many more!

How nice that Caden is looking sooo happy for you :)

Jill Lau said...

Happy Birthday Shelly! I am glad you guys are in your apartment now. It looks like you had a great time with family and you are so brave to watch all of those kids by yourself. I love your haircut!!

Jorden and Jessica said...

Yea! I'm glad you had a good b-day! And it's true your hair is REALLY cute! You are beautiful!!!

Delaps said...

Happy Birthday! I am glad that you got to enjoy it with your husband. I loved your camping pictures. Quite an adventure with the snow.

BensonFam said...

Happy Birthday! Glad you guys are getting settled and doing well. (P.s. your hair is sooo cute!)

Emilee said...

Happy Birthday! I'm so glad you had Ken--best birthday present ever.