Wednesday, December 30, 2009

My not so little girl.


I can't believe how big Kailyn is getting. I was doing some end of the season shopping to buy clothes for next year. With how Kailyn is growing I was needing to get a 8-9T size. I don't know why but it is hard for me to believe that she is that big. For some reason, this is an age hurdle my mind is having a hard time wrapping its self around. Some other things that make her so big:

She is reading chapter books. Not just reading them but inhaling them. I swear I can't keep up with her. I check out a bunch thinking they will last her awhile but she comes to me a couple days later saying she is all done. Right now she loves the Magic Tree House series.

She did her hair all by herself. Can you believe she did this all by herself? She combed it and put the rubber band and clip in. I was impressed.

Here is her latest artwork.


A thing from school showing she got 100% on a reading proficiency test and is reading above grade level.

Ken got home today he was out of town for the last 3 days for interviews. Kailyn informed us, "Its ok Dad, I didn't miss you while you were gone cause I'm used to you being gone."

4 comments:

Silly Bassetts said...

It was funny before I started reading your blog. I saw the picture of Kailyn. I thought "wow I can't believe how big she is getting." That's awsome that she is reading chapter books. Hudson likes The Magic Tree House also, but I still have to help him. Can you believe Kelcie is in a size 8 pants and 10 top. They grow way too fast don't they! Kailyns hair looks super cute. GOOD JOB KAILYN!! :)

Cynthia said...

Isn't that exciting/ scary to watch your kids grow up!! That is great Kailyn loves to read so much...glad she likes the Magic Tree House series.

And your camera pictures are awesome! So glad you have a nice camera now after the long wait!

The Bassetts said...

Wow, Kailyn is getting big. Reed and I were just commenting on that same topic a couple of weeks ago after we read your post about going to the Christmas parade. You have a pic of Kailyn there and she just looks so grown up (and also more like you, we think). It is crazy how fast they grow. Her picture is very impressive, I can't believe a 6 year old drew that.
Carissa

Lynn said...

I'm impressed with Kailyn's artwork. Did she do it at school, or what made her choose the fruit bowl? Not your usual first grade pick. Nice job!
Grandma B