Sunday, April 12, 2009

Easter Drop

Saturday we went to an Easter egg drop at a local church. They had over 20,000 eggs, some of which were dropped out of a helicopter. There were a lot of people that showed up. It was crazy! When the kids ran in (after the helicopter dropped the eggs) many of the parents ran in too (which we had been told many times not to do). Having all those parents run in made it impossible to see my girls and they became disoriented. I couldn't find them for a while but thankfully we eventually ran into each other.

I had originally planned on going by myself with the kids (I didn't think Ken was going to be around). I am SO glad Ken was with me. He was able to take Caden to the 0-3 year old group and I was able to take the girls. There were many kids that got only 1 egg (Caden being one) and others who didn't even get any. I was amazed when I found Kailyn and Jordan and they had actually collected quite a bit. They were very kind and did share with a little girl that hadn't gotten any and of course their brother Caden.

A picture of the crowd. This is only about 1/4 of the people. You can't tell but the people are about 4 rows deep.

Chase luckily slept in a sling through most of it .

The helicopter dropping the eggs.

They had inflatables for the kids to play on. We weren't planning on playing on them, thinking that the crowds would be too crazy. Luckily, most of the crowd left right after the egg hunt, making the lines very manageable.

Caden going through an inflatable obstacle course.

Jordan going through the obstacle course.



Kailyn waiting in line and going through the obstacle course.


PS The bump and scratch on Caden's forehead is from a fall. No it didn't happen on the inflatable toys. He actually did that one night while he was goofing off, after he was suppose to be in bed asleep.

No comments: