Sunday, September 14, 2008

First Day of School


Well, Kailyn started Kindergarten this year. She was very excited! When we took her to her classroom the first day and it was time to say good-bye she just said, "see ya mom" with a huge grin on her face. I too was not sad. I am so excited for her and I am not worried about her starting school, she is definitely ready. I am a bit surprised though that I am at that point in my life where I have a child in school. She has loved school and in fact was quite sad when she was going to miss school so we could take a trip with Dad to Washington, D.C.

We live very close to the school (only a few blocks) which is great when the weather is nice and we can walk but won't be so nice when the weather is cold. In some ways I wish we lived far enough away that she was bused in, that sure would be easier in the winter especially once the baby comes. The school we go to, Beverly Elementary, is probably the best in the district. They do have to wear uniforms--solid colors, collars, dark colored closed toe shoes-- which I am ok with. It made school shopping a lot easier. They also have all day Kindergarten. I actually like all day. Kailyn does just fine with it and it makes it easier for me cause it doesn't mess up my day so much.

Kailyn's new classroom. Her new teacher is named Mrs. Kristie.

Does this girl look anything but way excited?!

Kailyn and the girl sitting next to her, Madeline or "Maddie," have actually become pretty good friends. They eat lunch together everyday and play together at recess.

This is what we got to do while Kailyn started her first day. The school provided breakfast and Kleenex to all Kindergarten parents. Yum!

The end of the day. Kailyn was so excited to show me that she had not thrown away her plastic containers or water bottle (something I had told her not to do on the way to school). She was so proud of herself

3 comments:

Susan said...

How fun for you to have a Kindergartner! She does look happy... and very cute in her uniform clothes! :)

Denise P said...

how awsome, first day of school!!

Kent and Leisy said...

I think I'll be the same way when my kids go to kindergarten! no sadness at all :) and I also am a supporter of ALL day!