Thursday, July 17, 2008

Little Person


Yes, we are expecting baby number 4. We are very excited. The little one will be joining us on February 4 (hopefully sooner). The kids are very excited. The first thing Jordan said was "Mommy, you have a girl baby in your tummy." So, I guess we already know the gender. I already had my first doctor's appointment and even got an ultrasound. The Little person was even kicking and moving his/her arms during it. In the picture the head is on the left side and the arm is the little bump next to the head and the leg is on the right sticking out.

Kailyn now tells everyone that I have a baby in my tummy, even people at the park. I had a friend watch the kids for my first ultrasound and when I went to pick up the kids Jordan asked me "did you get the baby out?" I was a bit confused at first thinking she was talking about her doll she had brought. I quickly realized that she was asking if the baby in my tummy was out. Poor Jordan this is going to be a really long pregnancy for her. Caden...has no clue about his soon to be competition for baby of the family.

18 comments:

Stacy said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! I am so excited for you guys!! Keep us updated on how the pregnancy is going!

suuuz5 said...

Oh my goodness! I'm SO happy for you! CONGRATULATIONS! :)

the landreths said...

Yeah! I kept wondering if you would be announcing a pregnancy soon. Knowing you :). Congratulations!! I'm very happy for you.

BensonFam said...

HOORAY!!! I'm so excited for you guys!!! I've been wondering when the next wave of pregnancy announcements would begin... keep us posted on everything. I hope you're feeling well.

Susan said...

That's so awesome! Are you morning sick?

dockters said...

Congratulations to you, Bassetts!! I'm excited for you all! How are you feeling, Shelly??

Melissa said...

Congratulations!!!

Kent and Leisy said...

congrats! I love the ultrasound pic of the little person!!

The Bassetts said...

I love the little baby calendar in your sidebar that tells how far along you are and how much longer you have!!! Where did you get it from?
Carissa

Shelly and Ken said...

Ken here,
the sidebar--yeah, neat to see how far along you are, but I think it's depressing seeing "ONLY 201 days to go," and I'm not even carrying the little guy (here's hoping 2 boys in a row!).

brittani c. said...

Boy or girl, the little person will be a cutie.

Cynthia said...

I think it is going to be a boy. That is the new gender swing for pregnant people in our ward.

Kenna said...

February 4th is Mary's birthday! While it would be great to share a birthday with the newest Bassett, here's hoping for a slightly earlier end to your pregnancy!

Joe and Dawn said...

I can honestly tell you I've been thinking about you guys and wondering if you were expecting again. Congratulations! Keep us posted as well. Just like last time only now we have to keep in touch via blog and not in person:(
We'll take what we can get:)My new due date is Jan. 15th.

Emilee said...

Congratulations! What wonderful news! How are you feeling?

Adam Jensen said...

congratulations!!!

Foss Family said...

Congratulations, Shelly Belly! What an appropriate nickname, eh? I hope you're feeling well, SuperMom. You'll be in our prayers. :)

The Mathews Family said...

Already adorable :) Love the new look of your blog too- Cool!