Monday, July 21, 2008

Kids Say & Do the Cutest Things

Just a few stories of what our kids are doing/thinking:

Kailyn:
Asking questions about how big the baby is, how the baby gets food, how the baby stays healthy, etc. The answers I gave had to do with Mommy helping with this and Mommy doing that. So she asks, "So, why do we need dads?"

(Kailyn's prayer when there were green beans for dinner.) "Please bless the yucky green beans that they will make us healthy and strong anyway."

Kailyn stated, "Mom, if you don't know if the new baby is a boy or a girl, you can change its diaper and look at its bum." Kailyn has always referred to her body parts as "the big bum and the little bum."

Ken asked Kailyn if she was going to be sad that he wouldn't be there for her birthday (since we would be in Montana). She said, "yes, but I won't show my sad face."

Kailyn woke up before me and went downstairs to find Ken in the kitchen. Kailyn says, "Where's Mom?" Ken answered that Mom was still in bed. Kailyn said, "Good, because I want to make her breakfast in bed." She then helped Ken get cereal, juice, a banana, yogurt, toast, and eggs "and a big tray to carry it all up on." She wanted to make breakfast in bed for me since I hadn't been feeling well. (So cute! Where did she get the idea to do such a thing? Ken says it was all absolutely Kailyn's idea.)

Jordan:
Jordan's cuteness often comes from her facial expressions and laugh. Like the other day she found a sandal that we have been looking everywhere for. The look of excitement and pride on her face was priceless.

She told Ken's Aunt Sandy, "I know why Mom and Dad sleep together. It's because their bed has 2 pillows."

She is so brave. We went swimming with Ken's Aunt Sandy and Uncle Dave on Friday. We asked Kailyn if she wanted to jump in off the diving board, her response "can I touch the bottom?" "No but Daddy will be there to catch you and you know how to swim." "But can I touch the bottom?" Kailyn obviously didn't want to so we asked Jordan if she would like to try. I was utterly amazed! She went with little hesitation and jumped in without help. She even did it again. The pool was 10 feet deep at that part and the diving board was about 4 feet off the water (plus her height of about 2 feet--she was looking at jumping into something 6 feet below her, knowing she couldn't touch the bottom).

Caden:
Has learned to push the chair over to the counter and climb up and look for something to eat. Also, if the fridge gets open he will go looking for yogurt (the only form of dairy he likes--besides ice cream, obviously).

Caden has become very polite. The other day, Ken asked Caden if he wanted to be tickled. Caden said, "Yes, please." Other times, we have asked him to share his balloon or put away his clothes or do something else and he'll say, "no, thank you"--as if it's an option. "Caden, share the balloon with Jordan." "No, thank you."

11 comments:

Melissa said...

I bet Sandy loved Jordan's comment about the bed! Not sure if Sandy will remember me, but tell her I said hi.

Cynthia said...

Very funny! I am amazed you remembered all these stories. Good thing you have them written down now so the kids can enjoy them when they are bigger.

Emilee said...

Jordan is incredibly brave! That takes guts to jump off the diving board.

brittani c. said...

Wow, that makes perfect sense: 2 pillows on mom and dad's bed...why didn't I think of that before?

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the pregnancy! I loved all the cute things your kids have said, they are so creative!

Brenda said...

I love to hear about the cute things your kids do. they always make me laugh. i would comment on my favorite thing one of them said but they are all so funny i love them all.

Renae said...

I love Kailyn's thought process, and I loooove your new blog wallpaper!

Liora said...

Congratulations!! I am so excited for you guys!! I wish I could come visit when Heber comes in Sept - we miss you guys!!

The Mathews Family said...

So sweet :) b/c their bed has 2 pillows!! How funny!! :) Congrats on the baby too!!

brittani c. said...

Happy Birthday yesterday...sorry I'm so late. Hope you're having a great time with family.

S&J Jones Family said...

Okay, I'm finally getting around to reading everyone's blogs. Those are such cute stories. When I looked at the ultrasound, it was kind of wierd to see "Bassett, Michelle" on there instead of Shelly. I always forget that you are really a Michelle.

I tried calling on your birthday, sorry I missed you. Hope it was a good one!