Sunday, March 23, 2008

I'm Back...

I know it has been a long time since I have posted. I have been insanely busy the last few weeks as the new Primary President. Yeah you read that right. So, everyone said they saw it coming but I didn't (or I did and I just suppressed the possibility). Even when the Bishop called me into his office, I thought I was being released (the primary president is moving soon) but not getting called as the new president. I was in a bit of shock. Luckily, for me and the primary I have warmed up to the idea and now I am actually excited. I think a lot has to do with my counselors and secretary. They are amazing!! I am truly blessed to have them working with me.

So onto what the grandparents really want to see pics of the grandkids. So Ken had a couple days off last week and we took advantage of it. I seriously can't remember the last time we got to spend a whole day with Ken. Kailyn thought "it was a miracle that papa would be home all day and all night." The only plus of Ken working so much (the poor kids don't see their dad other then a quick kiss good night) is that we really take advantage of his days off. It has been hard on the kids having their dad work so much...ok I'll be honest it has been hard on me. The other day the girls were playing and lets just say the girl was sad cause she was going to have to celebrate her birthday without dad cause he had to work.

Alright to the pictures...
Belated Birthday for Dad

Yep it was the big 30 this year. Can you believe it?!

Painting at the family center. Caden loves to paint.



Kailyn putting on a play

We had a free pass to the zoo so we decided to use it to go and watch the animals go on their easter egg hunts. The kids loved watching the animals find and open their eggs. Caden did get a bit scared of the elephants, they were big and close.We went swimming at the YMCA and the kids found a basket of goggles so they decided to try them on. Caden tried them on and got this priceless look on his face (how I wish I had my camera then). Ken and I started laughing so hard that my eyes started watering.

3 comments:

bryony said...

So I commented over on the wives' blog before reading this one -- yay that you saw Ken, and you must be pretty busy as Primary President. Holy smokes! Wow! I'm glad you're excited about it and have good helpers. We miss you. I remember some days when we'd get together for a bit and it would turn into almost an all day thing. Those were fun. I wish I could come spend a day with you.

Cynthia said...

How fun that Ken actually had a couple of days off. Looks like you guys packed it full of lots of fun activities. Now if only it would warm up!

Emilee said...

You are going to be a fantastic Primary president. The kids are so lucky to have you. And it looks like Ken's birthday was fantastic.