Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Mother's Day 2013

True to form we celebrated Mother's Day late (thanks to Ken's schedule). Sunday we were able to get a group picture and the kids gave me their projects they had made at school. 
My babies, in their natural state.

Another try, except Ava who apparently thought we were doing a silly picture.

Caden with his homemade flowerpot.


Love this happy kid.

Jordan with her school project.

On the outside of the bag it said, "Mom, you rock!"

Then inside was this cute rock she had painted and decorate. So cute, it made me laugh.

Kailyn was last but definitely not least.

She had taken a bunch of her poems and had bound them together. I love her poems.

The back is decorated with bows, one to represent each person in our family


The second gift was a plate she had decorated and written one of her poems around the outside.

A picture of the front (unfortunately, the instructions they had sent home on how to set the color and a misprint and her plate never set. She is working on redoing it for me.)


The official celebration a week later.
All of the kids had their own gift to give. Ava was so excited to give me her gift. 

Ken had the kids fill out a sheet about their mom. I loved it! It was so funny to read them. Here I am reading Chase's.

Caden, so excited to read his sheet.

Jordan and her gifts. Yep, I love snickers and chocolate.


Kailyn picked out the prettiest jewelry she could find.

All of Ken's helpers for dinner.

A delicious stew.

Homemade pound cake with fresh strawberries and whip cream.

2 comments:

Judy said...

What wonderful children. You are a lucky mom!

chrisjones said...

Love these pictures, Shelly! Your kids are the best!