Tuesday, September 25, 2012

My New Tortures to Endure

So, I've enjoyed taking my pickup into the mountains to enjoy some of our new surroundings.  Here are some pictures.





Of course, getting to these areas required some creative driving on some interesting roads.  Some of the roads had some pretty intimidating rocks.  I had to get into 4WD Lo to get up this road.




This one had the truck balancing on the back right and front left.  I could make it teeter back and forth depending on where I put my weight, then it eventually slid a bit to become a little more stable. 



The gentleman in the background was convinced I would hit the bottom of my door/frame on the rock. A good sharp turn to the left got me out of trouble without a dent.  No flats, either!

Eventually I ended up in a meadow with lots of colors.


I'm not sure you can see them, but I got to see a few elk.  Apparently in the fall and close to the first snowfall, the elk make it down to the meadows.  It's not uncommon for people to bring out their lawn chairs and sit at the edge of the meadows watching the male elk fight each other, vying for the attention of the females.

2 comments:

chrisjones said...

Poor guy! I bet you hate having to drive that truck around! No to mention all those dying leaves. Life is hard!!

The Bassetts said...

Its a rough life, but you seem to be managing :)