Friday, April 15, 2011

Caden Says the Funniest Things

We were playing Skip-Bo as a family. Ken was not having a good game and asked, "Who shuffled these cards? Mine stink!"
Caden starts sniffing his cards, "Mine don't smell."

Caden is VERY curious about how things got their name. The other day he asked me why cashews were called cashews. I said I wasn't sure but probably someone just thought of the name. He said that he thought they were called cash-ews because whoever named them didn't like them.


We were out on a walk while our house was being shown. Caden thought he saw a hummingbird and then told me, "Hummingbirds don't sing cause they don't know the words. They would just mess up the song so they just hum. That's why they are called Hummingbirds."

2 comments:

chrisjones said...

Caden, you are a deep thinker. I bet it wasn't your dad who name cashews cash-ews.

Brenda said...

Ahh so cute! I love the things little kids say! I think it is one of the funniest things about having children is listening to their logic.