Thursday, August 14, 2008

Pictures...finally

OK, so here are the pictures. I am using my sisters old camera and have had some problems downloading and accessing the pictures (thus the reason none of the pictures are edited). We have also been very busy. These pictures are actually from our first week here, hopefully I can get the rest posted soon.
We went to a spray park, the girls loved it. In the first picture Kailyn is playing with a water gun in the middle of the picture (light pink suit). Second picture is of Jordan having fun. Notice the last picture. Yes, Caden is dry and standing on the grass. This was his status the whole time we were there.




We also celebrated my moms birthday. The kids loved the blue frosting on the cake. Just look at their tongue to see why.









The kids have had fun playing with their cousin Hailey and Aunt Ashley's pet snake. They love when Ashley takes the snake out to slither around on the coffee table. Caden for days was telling me about the snake that crawled round and round on the table. Kailyn was very excited to fed the snake too. Which really surprised me. She helped get the frozen mice from the pet store and helped thaw it in a bowl of hot water (I was really quite grossed out by it personally, especially being pregnant), and they all watched the snake eat it.








We also went on a ward camp out with my family. The kids loved it! The first picture is of Kailyn helping blow on the fire to make it bigger. The kids also loved making and eating s'mores. Just before heading back to our tents from making S'mores, Jordan came up to Aunt Ashley and asked to be carried and within a matter of minutes was asleep. Unfortunately, Caden didn't fall asleep quite so easily. It was very late by the time we got back to our tent from making S'mores and Caden was past the point of tired. He was crying and inconsolable. Luckily, once everyone was settled, he went to sleep without much of a fight. Even going to bed super late he was still up at the crack of dawn. He tried to fool us into thinking he was going to be a happy boy (see picture of him smiling with Kailyn) but this lasted all of a minute and we were left for the rest of the day with an attitude that matched the last picture posted.
Like I said we are having so much fun here and I can't believe we only have a week and a half left. It is going so fast!



















3 comments:

Jill Lau said...

I loved all the pictures. I am glad you are having a good time out there with family.

Joe and Dawn said...

Kailyn is sure looking grown up. Is she starting kindergarten soon? Did I mention how grateful I am we still have a way to keep in touch?

Lynn said...

We had so much fun with Shelly and the kids here. It was hard seeing them leave. Kailyn kept saying, "I'm going to miss you so much." Believe me, the feeling is mutual for all of them. Didn't get to spend much time with Ken in Denver, but it was really great to see him, too. Thanks so much for coming out to Montana, Shelly. Thanks for helping me clean my house and for coming out to Shepherd often. We love you all.
MomBa